- RSS Channel Showcase 1592658
- RSS Channel Showcase 4903369
- RSS Channel Showcase 9426921
- RSS Channel Showcase 3985865
Articles on this Page
- 09/05/17--07:17: _Russell 3000 Change...
- 09/19/17--10:32: _Single-Audit Leader...
- 10/03/17--06:00: _After 100 Years, Ge...
- 10/24/17--07:01: _An Overview of 17 Y...
- 05/30/18--06:54: _A Comparison of Aud...
- 06/05/18--08:31: _Comparing Non-Audit...
- 06/20/18--11:35: _Auditors of the Rus...
- 10/23/18--09:34: _Auditor Changes and...
- 11/06/18--08:33: _Trends in Auditor M...
- 12/06/18--07:14: _BDO and Moore Steph...
- 09/05/17--07:17: Russell 3000 Changes in Depreciation Estimates: Q2 2017
- 09/19/17--10:32: Single-Audit Leaders in Worcester County, MA
- 10/03/17--06:00: After 100 Years, General Motors Switches Auditor
- 10/24/17--07:01: An Overview of 17 Years of Changes in Accounting Estimates
- 05/30/18--06:54: A Comparison of Audit Fees in the US and Europe
- 06/05/18--08:31: Comparing Non-Audit Service Fees between the EU and US
- 06/20/18--11:35: Auditors of the Russell 3000
- 10/23/18--09:34: Auditor Changes and Audit Fees in Poland
- 11/06/18--08:33: Trends in Auditor Market Concentration in Select European Countries
- 12/06/18--07:14: BDO and Moore Stephens to Merge in the UK
Whenever filing season comes around, we get an influx of interesting disclosures. One thing we keep an eye on is changes in accounting estimates, something we’ve discussed more than once in the past. In this post we look at the … Continue reading
Audit Analytics publishes a lot of auditor market intelligence, usually with an eye towards the national marketplace. In this post we turn to our own backyard, namely Worcester County, Massachusetts. Bollus Lynch may not have any public companies in its … Continue reading
General Motors (NYSE: GM) announced last week in an Item 4.01 8-K that, after their 2017 annual report is filed, the company would be engaging Ernst & Young as its new independent auditor. Following review of proposals from the independent registered public … Continue reading
Launched back in 2013, the Audit Analytics Changes in Accounting Estimates database now has nearly 18 years worth of changes in accounting estimate disclosures. We’ve analyzed all annual and quarterly SEC filings going back to January 1, 2000. We have just … Continue reading
When considered as a percentage of revenue – a common metric in the industry – European companies paid noticeably less in audit fees for fiscal 2017 than did their US counterparts. In order to perform this analysis, we compared the … Continue reading
Some time ago, we looked at how US companies would measure up against the new non-audit services fee cap in effect in the European Union. In the major EU audit reform of 2014, one of the stipulations includes a cap on fees … Continue reading
Everyone knows that the Big Four dominate at the top of the public company audit market. The largest companies use the Big Four almost exclusively, and only a handful of other firms compete for a share of that slice of … Continue reading
A third of large- and mid- cap Polish companies changed their audit firm from 2016 to 2017, and most of those that did saw their audit fees increase significantly. The European Union passed regulation that requires companies to put their … Continue reading
When the European Union recently enacted sweeping regulation of the auditor market, requiring, among other things, auditor rotation at least every 20 years, one of the stated goals was to increase competition in the market. The hope was two-pronged: first, … Continue reading
Last week, BDO and Moore Stephens announced plans for the two United Kingdom firms to merge. This is yet another major event in the UK audit market to occur in the past few months. Not long ago, Grant Thornton issued … Continue reading